I had to share this comment by Paul Sloane from Destination Innovation regarding the Innovation Manager's Checklist
that I posted. I agree with him about the original list being "over-engineered".
"Great list - but maybe it is a little over-engineered for everyday use. For managers facing a creative challenge and needing to find an innovative solution, I would suggest this checklist:
1. Analyse and explore the problem
2. Define a clear goal or desired outcome
3. Pull together a small, diverse, enthusiastic team
4. Throw down the challenge
5. Generate lots of ideas
6. Choose criteria for selecting the best ideas
7. Select the most promising ideas
8. Explore further and then implement prototypes rapidly.
Innovation involves taking action, taking risks, managing failure and (sometimes) celebrating success!